Whitney Plantation Museum is making the following adjustments to keep our staff and visitors safe during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- We have contracted with multiple companies to keep the visitor center and structures clean and sanitized after each day of business. During our hours of operation, we have implemented a regular sanitation schedule, which includes: regular wiping down of doors and handles, and any other surfaces that people may come into contact with.
- We are limiting capacity of our site to ensure safe social distancing.
- We have restricted access to the interiors of historic structures. Including the big house, detached kitchen, and slave cabins.
- We are not allowing group tours at this time.
- We have suspended all staff-led tours.
Visitation Requirements and Guidelines
- You must download the free “Whitney Plantation” app on your mobile device to take a tour.
- Masks are required for visitors within all museum structures.
- We are not accepting cash for purchases.