Whitney Plantation Museum is making the following adjustments to keep our staff and visitors safe during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- We have contracted with multiple companies to keep the visitor center and structures clean and sanitized after each day of business. During our hours of operation, we have implemented a regular sanitation schedule, which includes: regular wiping down of all doors and handles, and any other surfaces that people may come into contact with.
- We are limiting capacity of our site to ensure safe social distancing.
- We have restricted access to the interiors of historic structures. Including the big house, detached kitchen, and slave cabins.
- We have cancelled all Group Tours through 2020. (Please check our website at the end of the year for updates on when we will resume group bookings.)
- We have temporarily suspended all guided tours.
Visitation Requirements and Guidelines
- You must download the free “Whitney Plantation” app on your mobile device to take a tour.
- Masks are required for visitors within all museum structures.
- We are not accepting cash for purchases.
- In order to limit physical contact, all tickets for tours must be purchased on-line. All tickets are for timed-entry only. If you arrive early for your tour, you must wait until your admission time to enter the visitor center.
- All timed-entry tours have a capacity limit. If a particular timed-entry tour slot is sold out, you must purchase available tickets for another time.
- Depending on availability, tickets purchased for timed-entry may not be transferred or combined with other times.