Whitney Plantation is the only plantation museum in Louisiana with an exclusive focus on slavery. Hundreds of enslaved Africans worked the sugar, rice and indigo fields here. Visitors learn their stories through a self-guided audio tour, exhibits, memorials, and artwork.
Tours for Groups
We offer discounts on admission for groups of 18 or more people.
- Adults (19+ Years)
- Youths (6-18 years)
- Children (6 & under)
Group size: 18-35 people
Tour: 1-hour in length, conducted by a staff Interpreter
Groups will have the opportunity to learn about the history of slavery at Habitation Haydel from a staff interpreter. They will lead your group through memorials and historic structures while speaking about the daily lives and legacies of the men, women, and children that were enslaved by members of the Haydel family from 1830-1860.
In addition to this tour, visitors may download the free “Whitney Plantation” app to their personal devices and take this tour before or after their group experience. This audio tour is an hour and 15-minutes and provides content about history not covered in the staff-led tour.
How to Book Your Group Tour:
- You may select the option for one of two windows of arrival for your group:
Booking one of these options means that your group may arrive at any time during this window. These times are not the length of the tour. Once booked, it is not necessary for you to provide us with information about your itinerary.
- You must know the amount of people in your group prior to booking.
- All bookings require full payment or a 50% deposit.
- The group tour calendar shows live availability. If there is not an option for the date/time that you wish to visit, it is because other groups have already booked that date/time and you must choose another.
- The group tour calendar is only available for 2022. The calendar for 2023 will be available October 1st of this year.
- We are unable to accommodate groups larger than 35 people. We are working towards this possibility starting in the fall of 2022.
If you have additional questions about group tours, please send an email to, [email protected]